Like any birder, I'm a sucker for new books. I'm also a huge Peterson fan so this makes me excited. The list of contributors includes several bloggers and several other notable birding personalities.
Peterson Field Guide to Birds of North America
by Roger Tory Peterson; Lee Allen Peterson
ISBN: 0618966145 / Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Company / Date: Aug 2008 / Page Count: 528 / List price $26
In celebration of the centennial of Roger Tory Peterson's birth comes a historic collaboration among renowned birding experts and artists to preserve and enhance the Peterson legacy.
This new book combines the Peterson Field Guide to Eastern Birds and Peterson Field Guide to Western Birds into one volume, filled with accessible, concise information and including almost three hours of video podcasts to make bird watching even easier.
- 40 new paintings
- Digital updates to Peterson's original paintings, reflecting the latest knowledge of bird identification
- All new maps for the most up-to-date range information available
- Text rewritten to cover the U.S. and Canada in one guide
- Larger trim size accommodates range maps on every spread
- Contributors include: Michael DiGiorgio, Jeff Gordon, Paul Lehman, Michael O'Brien, Larry Rosche, and Bill Thompson III
- Includes URL to register for access to video podcasts