Monday, March 02, 2009

Nature Blog Network Featured Blog and SNOW!


Thanks so much to Wren for choosing me as the featured blog on the Nature Blog Network this week.

In other news, it's a snowy day here in NJ. It's our first and hopefully last substantial snowfall of the year. Beth and I both had "snow days" although I worked the whole day. Sometimes having high-speed remote access to work is not a good thing.

The feeders were hopping today thanks to the snow. We usually only have one male Downy Woodpecker visit, but today a female joined him. I wasn't able to get a pic, but she did have a very dark belly which was interesting. Also, I had a record high count of goldfinches for my yard of 12. Yeah, I know some of you get 12 fighting over one post on your feeder, but it's great for condo-land here. Lots of MoDos and Juncos too. The MoDos enjoyed hiding from the snow on our porch as seen above.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I really enjoyed reading your mini-interview on NBN. I had never seen one of those before so it was nice to read and learn more about you and how you got into blogging, what keeps you motivated, etc.

I am so hoping you are right and this is the last of the snow. High speed cable and VPN through work have kept me awake many weekend with work related projects so I feel your pain.

Nice pictures of the mourning doves.

Owlman said...

Congrats Patrick, well deserved feather in your cap!

Alan Pulley said...

Congratulations Patrick! Great interview & better yet, great blog!

Jason Kessler said...

Those MoDos looks like I feel. 12 degrees!