Friday, February 15, 2008

Martha Stewart Recap & GBBC

Thank you to those who had a chance to watch us on Martha! I haven't had a chance to put a clip on YouTube yet, but I will in the next week or so. It was a great time. We originally thought that we'd be with several other couples, but it turns out that they only chose one couple and it was us. Before the show, we got our make-up and hair done. Well, Beth got her hair done. They couldn't give me any! :) Then, we rehearsed a bit with one of the staff members of the show. We were then given microphones and brought to our special seats. I was pretty nervous, but I think it turned out pretty well. Did you hear her mention the GBBC? She sounded like she was really going to do it. An audience member even asked her about bird feeders and she mentioned the count again. She said that she has 40 feeders in her yard in NY! I wonder if we can get a report of her sightings. I'd like to say that we got to meet Martha and hang out with her, but we didn't.

After the show, we visited the Chelsea Market which was pretty awesome. We chowed down on some great Thai food and lots of snacks along the way. We had dinner at a restaurant in the East Village called Counter that serves mostly organic and locally-grown food. All of their booze is organic too. It was most excellent.

My GBBC is off to a good start. I had a big Sharpie fly through the yard this morning. All the Blue Jays were freaking out, then I noticed every bird in yard dive for cover. This was followed by the Sharpie flying over. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Owlman said...

You guys did very well and you make a great couple! The only minor critique was no plug for your blog... Can you imagine how many hits you would have got! ;-) Have an awesome weekend.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. We've been to Counter - the food is good but the parking in that area is murder!

P. Ollig said...

Dude! How could you forget to mention your blog?!? Or mine, for that matter?? ;-)

Rick Wright said...

Looking forward to seeing this--let us know when it's up and available.
r

corey said...

Please youtube it soon...cuz I missed it.

TR Ryan said...

I was stuck on a plane - please post it to you tube soon. Congratulations again!