Wednesday, August 08, 2007

eBird and Google

Let me start by saying that I LOVE my Google home page. It includes my Google Reader, news articles, weather, The Onion, a "to do" list, and a plethora of other things that I can choose from. Now, eBird is using Google's technology to create the eBird Rare Bird Google Gadget. Simply put, you can see an up-to-date list of rare birds seen in your area and link directly to a map of the location. The catch is that the bird has to be reported in eBird. As soon as someone reports it, it will display in the gadget. I'm as guilty as the next guy for not using eBird, but it is a great way to track your own sightings and to add to the global knowledge-base of bird population trends. I intend to start using it. So, if you use Google (and you should), be sure to check out this new, very cool gadget. Also, if you like this gadget or eBird, please promote it on your own blog.

1 comment:

Larry said...

I've had e-bird on my blog for months, and haven't used it once-I definitely plan on it though-maybe this weekend(classic procrastonater).