Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Desired Life Bird Meme

Did I mention I love memes? The latest meme around the bird blog world is the Top 5 Most Desired Life Birds. I'll stick to regularly occurring birds in the continental US to narrow it down to a smaller list. In no order:

1. Black Rail - I want to see one, not hear one.
2. Black Swift - An interesting bird. I've tried and failed a few times to see one. At least I got to see some nice waterfalls.
3. Elf Owl - It's tiny. And cool.
4. White-headed Woodpecker - gorgeous bird.
5. Kirtland's Warbler - it's just a matter of getting to Michigan (or Wisconsin now I guess) to see one!

8 comments:

John B. said...

Kirtland's Warbler would be next once I find that Golden-winged Warbler.

Anonymous said...

Next time you go to Colorado: Go to Glenwood Springs. Just off I-70 before you get there, is a turn-off for Hanging Lake. Take the short and beautiful hike to the top. There is the gorgeous lake, a nice waterfall, and nesting Black Swifts!

Patrick B. said...

Thanks! I tried at Rocky Mountain National Park, but missed them there. I look forward to a return trip to CO.

P. Ollig said...

Did you just copy my list?? I have to admit that yours is nearly identical to mine. Unfortunately, I'm not very likely to add any of them while here in Glacier. Still, I'm looking forward to see who comes through during the spring migration!

lusia said...

HI Friends,How are you.Hope you are doing well.I Followed your blog.plz do the same.and join my bloglog communities plz.thanks .
http://www.softwareonlinehelper.blogspot.com/
http://www.icineworld.blogspot.com/
http://www.googleadsensesystem.blogspot.com/
http://www.onlinebusinesscourse.blogspot.com/

Larry said...

My wish list is much more modest.-'ve missed findinga Black-backe Woodpecker a few times now.-I'd like to start there.

Christopher said...

OK, since you enjoy meme's so much, I am tagging you for another one!
This one is 6 Random Things: Full info is
HERE

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat.
Black Rail, Kirtland's Warbler, and Black Swift are definitely high on my list too. If I had to pick two more, it would be Chestnut-collared Longspur (currently my most-wanted bird) and ANY freakin Rosy-Finch! I've been to CO twice in Aug.(non-birding trips) and I'm still looking for the Black Swift and Rosy-Finch (and Cassin's Finch for that matter)
-Rob F.