Friday, March 21, 2008

Tundra Swans at Sandy Hook

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. Work has been a bit nuts. Put it this way, we're building about 100 training courses for 120,000 employees in 19 languages. FUN! I did get to do some birding last weekend and I saw a new bird for my Sandy Hook list. Three Tundra Swans, not an easy species to see at Sandy Hook, were hanging out at the far north end of the Hook. To get there it's a bit of a trek out on soft sand - locally known as the Death March. The weather was gorgeous so I took the walk out there and got a few nice pictures of the swans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the Tundra Swans and sometime when work gets crazy . . we just need to get outside and enjoy the nature around us!

LauraHinNJ said...

Nice... I was doing plover fencing last weekend and never got out that far. Wasn't up to the death march...