Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Texas Bill

Texas Rep. David Leibowitz, D-Helotes, has proposed a bill that would dedicate all tax on sporting goods to state parks and wildlife areas. Apparently, they aren't the first ones to think of this. Missouri and several other states already have this system in place. I couldn't find a list of the states. I wonder if my beloved NJ is one of them?

In other news, the unfortunate Cerulean Warbler is out luck in the Endangered Species Act listing department.

5 comments:

John B. said...

With NJ's budget problems, I doubt that many taxes would dedicated to specific causes. But you never know.

Susan Gets Native said...

Awww, dammit! That's it. I'm moving to Canada.

Thomas Churchwell said...

I found you!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I would say it's unfortunate for the Cerulean. With all the great attention it gets there will always be people out there to defend and protect it. Maybe some funds can go to help other maybe "lesser" birds (less glamourous).

Texas is a great state!! Missouri is OK, but only because of the St. Louis Cardinals!! (And maybe a few cool parks - Route 66 State Park is weirdly cool)

Anonymous said...

I know that the Cerulean is much more common here than what many might think! But, I still think there should be more studies in watching if anything happens to them. Regarding the TX bill, interesting to hear! Would be interested to see what other states do now!