Friday, October 20, 2006

Costa Rica Hummingbird Quiz & Copyrights

I've been studying my Costa Rican birds in preparation for my January trip. I really like to use Flash cards as a study aid because I find that looking through the book doesn't always work for me. I scanned in some of the pages from the book and "cut out" the individual pictures using Photoshop. I then used my crazy programming skills to create a very simple online flash card game. Click the link below. The idea is that you guess what the bird is and then click "Show Answer" to see if you're correct. My question is... is it legal to use these pictures in this way on the Internet if I'm not making a profit?

Play the Game (I've only included 8 species so far as a sample.)

2 comments:

LauraHinNJ said...

I did horribly, as expected! Too bad it's not multiple choice - then at least I could guess.

Patrick B. said...

It's too much work to program a multiple-choice quiz. :) If I get bored one night this week, maybe I'll add that feature.

I figured if this isn't against copyright rules, I'll do the same thing with my Sibley guide.