Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A chick! - Duke Farms Eagle Cam Update

A chick was seen in the nest on Monday morning and has been seen on and off since then. I only caught it briefly twice, but it was super cute. The adult was feeding it and it was extremely cool. The rest of time, the adult sits on it. I hope a second egg will hatch soon.

Beth loves the way that the adult "wiggles" when it settles into the nest. I hope you're all enjoying it. It's caused some productivity loss at my company for sure. :)

I never thought I'd be into one of these live cams...

5 comments:

John B. said...

So far I have not seen these eaglets. Usually I just see the adult sitting in the nest and looking around.

Patrick B. said...

I saw them earlier in the morning. Maybe that's a good time.

Amy said...

Oh man, nest cams are the worst. I've got my favorites I used to watch in the Netherlands and the streaming works great from here too. The good thing about those is that they get dark in the afternoon so I can get more work done after lunch. ;)

Anonymous said...

Patrick - I'm a little concerned about you spending so much time sitting in front of your computer watching chicks on webcams. :-)

Patrick B. said...

@Amy - They are amazingly addictive.

@John - They are amazingly addictive. :)