Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hello from Portland

Columbia River Gorge
Hello readers! Unfortunately, I left my CF card reader home so I can't post any close-up bird shots, but we did take plenty of them so far. We have our other camera and a reader for that built into the laptop, so I can share some of those. So far, we've really enjoyed our 4 days in the Portland area. The town itself is amazing with great restaurants, breweries, an incredibly eco-conscious and friendly community, great scenery, and easy access to everything. The surrounding area is gorgeous too. I can't do it enough justice. We also greatly enjoyed an afternoon birding with the Born Again Birdwatcher. He and his family hosted us for a delicious dinner and some enjoyable conversation (with Swainson's Thrush and Stellar's Jays in the yard, among others);. I'll give some more detailed highlights of our trip in future posts. We're off to wine country tomorrow.

For those of you wondering, we have seen many birds and I have two life birds so far: American Dipper and Hermit Warbler.

They have donuts with bacon on them in Portland. Amazing. Seriously.

4 comments:

Jochen said...

I am willing to accept that bacon on a donut can taste nice, but it is not traditional.
On the other hand, heading for wine country, having a bit of salty bacon to get your thirst going was probably a sensible thing to do.

dguzman said...

Yikes!
-your vegetarian pal

Owlman said...

Have fun out there you two! Anything with bacon must be great...

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... baaacon dooouughnuts...