Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sad News in the Art World

I was sad to hear that nature artist Charley Harper passed away on June 10. I had the pleasure to meet him and shake his hand at the Cape May Fall Weekend last year. I even bought a t-shirt with one of his prints on it. Mr. Harper is known for his unique, minimalist approach to his art. The creatures he depicts have a unique appearance and may appear strange at first, but are immediately recognizable when you look more closely. He was 84 years old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've also met Charley a couple of times, and he made donations to some programs at work. I have several of his prints and some very early work he did for Ford Times magazine, and thought he was a great guy. I was bummed out when I heard about his death. I was going to post about it when it happened, but got too caught up in other things. Thanks for putting this out there.