Sunday, May 06, 2007

Another new yard bird

Sorry for the shortage of posts recently, I spent 4 days last week at a big corporate meeting. It was one of those meetings right out of a sitcom, complete with drumming, singing, tons of food, and lots of "rah-rah-rah."

We got another new yard bird on Friday - a White-crowned Sparrow! He/she was feeding under our feeder and then perched on the neighbor's fence.

I didn't get to do too much birding this weekend due to a friend's wedding and being pretty darn sick on Sunday (bad seafood I think). A quick trip this evening to the Delaware & Raritan Canal got me some year birds including Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Warbling Vireo.

I'll be covering the Sandy Hook hawk watch on Monday. The hawk watch had a Crested Caracara fly over on Friday. That's just crazy. Who knows what will show up at the Hook on a given day?

No comments: